Wednesday, January 11, 2012

THE POWER OF MUSIC



Where would we be without music?  The power of music can change your mood from sadness to joy, it sets the background for movies allowing us to project ourselves deeper into the story, and it can set the stage for performances in dance and theatre.  Those are just a few things I can think of.
Then of course there is going to see live performances; listening to musicians and singers expose their talents to us, allowing them to touch that most tender part of our emotions, wow what wonderful thing that is.
For myself when I hear a piece of music that inspires me, I want to move.
There is some controversy with whether you should use music with your yoga practice.  Most studios seem to have some king of music in the background.  I love it.  But it is a very personal thing and what one person enjoys another man not.
But if it can help to get you on your mat why not put on a little Sting, Mozart or the Beatles.
With that in mind I hope you enjoy my latest video.  I love the song from the band Cinematic Orchestra, so the next was for me to roll out my mat and move.
Namaste
Desiree

Mandala Yoga Mat Inversion on Youtube

Please feel free to view our other videos on Youtube as well.  :  )
Pingates

1 comment:

  1. yeah, This is one of the positive thing that music also get you in the depth of satisfaction. I think magic of music in yoga gives you better improvements and results.

    ReplyDelete