Thursday, May 16, 2013

GIVE A LITTLE AND GET A LITTLE BACK IN RETURN

Going on yoga retreat that is half way around the world can be a dream we would love to experience but financially is just not feasible.  After having people enquiring about our Mandala Yoga Bali Retreat August 25 - 31, many realized they could not afford it.  

I am not in any position to subsidize someone's trip but I thought perhaps I could help by donating my time and resources to help fundraise for them.

At the beginning of May I had people send in their stories outlining why they would love to go, how it would benefit their lives and why they are unable to afford it.  After looking through many submissions I choose two lovely women, Nicky Jones from Austin, Texas and Rachel Bowden from Tallahassee, florida. 

Nicki            and           Rachel

It was hard to pick just one person so I chose two!  Each of these women have completely different stories and are at different places in their lives.  But they both are dedicated yogis sharing their knowledge of yoga, movement and health to their students/clients.


The next step was to start facilitating a fundraising campaign using the site gofundme You can go read each of their stories Nicki Jones and Rachel Bowden  and if you like you could even give a little something.

For each $35 donation I will be giving away one of my Yoga Inspired Bracelets from Bali so you could get a little something from me in exchange for giving a little something to them.

Every little bit will help with this campaign!




No comments:

Post a Comment