A lot of you out there would love to attend a yoga retreat, but the expense of getting to a yoga retreat in a foreign country can make it impossible for many people to attend. With so many websites now available to fund a wide variety of projects, we have decided to start an online campaign to raise funds for someone to join our Mandala Yoga Retreat in Bali August 25 – 31 at the beautiful Desa Seni Village Resort… Let’s tap into the crowdfunding site - www.gofundme.com - and make it happen for someone who otherwise could not afford the retreat.
That person could be you, or someone you know ...
HOW IT WORKS:
• We set up an online campaign outlining your story, why you should go to the retreat, and the reason(s) you might not be able to afford to do so.
• The campaign is posted on Facebook and Twitter to solicit funds.
• People donate funds, we manage the campaign, and if enough funds are raised, you join us in Bali. Should we fall short in fund-raising, there is an option for you to come up with the remainder. This will all be discussed in advance once our candidate is chosen.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
• Send us an email outlining why you should go on this retreat, and why it is financially difficult for you to go.
• Send us a photo of you in your favorite pose, (which, if you are chosen, we will use for the online campaign).
• You need to have an active Facebook page (a Twitter account would be beneficial too), and be willing to post the campaign with a link to the gofundme.com website.
• You also need to be willing to share this with your Facebook, Twitter, and other contacts.
• You need to be sure you are free to come on the retreat dates noted above. If you decide to fly earlier or stay in Bali longer than the outlined dates, that financial responsibility would be yours.
WHAT WE WILL DO:
• We’ll review the submissions and choose one person for the fundraising campaign.
• We will create and manage the fundraising campaign on the gofundme.com website telling your story. We’ll include regular updates, share photos, etc...
• We will share the campaign on both our MandalaYogaMat Facebook Page and our Twitter account.
• We will be responsible for the money brought in, and for the booking of your flight.
• Everyone who donates $50 or more to the fund will receive the gift of a beautiful Yoga Inspired Bracelet from our MandalaYogaMat site.
We would love to raise enough funds to cover both the airfare and the cost of the retreat. As mentioned above, if we raise less than what is needed, we could still use that amount and you could pay for the rest; otherwise we will not take the funds. When we begin the campaign, your home/starting destination for the flight will determine the funds required for the airfare portion.
Please email the information outlined above in the “What You Need To Do” section to email@example.com If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us. We will be accepting applications until May 10.