Thursday, November 12, 2009

BEING GRATEFUL

Sometimes it can be easier to find the things that are missing or going wrong in our lives.  Or to complain about having to work a bit harder to make something positive happen.


After dealing with the unethical business practice regarding an online yoga props company and my round Mandala Yoga Mats (you can read my first blog "big Business - Small Business"), and putting time and energy into the whole situation;  I have decided to put all of the aside and spend a few minutes each day to think of one thing I am grateful for.  


Sometimes it is a quick realization of how grateful I am to be able to take my dog for a walk on a beautiful fall day.  Other days it is a deeper feeling of love for my family.  What ever my thoughts are they help to keep me grounded and focused on what is really important in life.


My yoga practice continues to reinforce my sense of how things change so quickly in this life and that it is the small things, like gratitude, that we need to keep remembering.


So give it a try, each day pick something that you are grateful for, it could be the smallest to the biggest thought you have.  Each day write it down on a calendar and then in a month look back at all you have to be thankful for. I have the found the hardest thing to do is to just pick one thing. 


Life is pretty great.







No comments:

Post a Comment