Friday, October 2, 2009

The Keyboard Is Mightier Than The Sword




One thing I have learned time after time is not to become so discouraged about a situation that you end up not doing anything about it.  You can make a difference, whether it is an issue regarding yourself, your family or friends or even your business.


After dealing with the unethical business practice regarding an online yoga props company and my round Mandala Yoga Mats (you can read my first blog "Big Business - Small Business" to catch up to speed, I could have sat back and done nothing or tell the story and allow people to respond.


And respond they did.  I have found in just a week that people do care.  And the yoga community, WOW, what a community.  I have learned from my practice so much.  But the most basic things I have learned is to be true to yourself, don't push but at the same time challenge yourself, treat others like you would like to be treated and patience.  Such basic things to live by and very simple principals. 


I believe that most people possess these qualities and when you find a way to excel in them you can then experience a full and meaningful existence.


But every once in a while you come across something or somebody that makes you realize not everyone lives by those principles.  That is when you decide, O.K. do I sit back and do nothing or do I reach out and try to make a change.  I know that sitting back is sometimes the easier thing to do but it is certainly not the most effective.


We have so many options and ways to reach out in this day and age.  The Internet is an amazing way.  I started this blog as a way of journaling and it has become so much more.


Thank you to everyone that has supported my small company whether in choosing to purchase round mats from us or in reading my blogs.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Remember the keyboard is mightier than the sword and don't ever think that you are too small or insignificant to make a difference.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment